Lyons Magnus Protein Shake Recall Lawyer
Protein shakes are purported to promote muscle gain, provide nutritional support, and increase personal performance and recovery from workouts. Lyons Magnus, the manufacturer of a variety of these protein shakes recently recalled a number of their products for contamination issues. If you or a loved one suffered a healthcare setback due to these products, you could be entitled to compensation.
At Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., our Lyons Magnus protein shake recall lawyer will review your case at no cost. Our legal team will also obtain your medical records and proof of your use of the affected products. We will investigate your case and establish a link between product contamination and your health problems. Our legal team works hard to build the strongest possible case for you.
The Problem With Lyons Magnus Protein Shakes
According to a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) report, Lyons Magnus issued a voluntary Recall of 53 protein shake products in July of 2022. The recall was issued due to the manufacturer’s concern over possible microbial contamination. Infections caused by the initial contaminant, Cronobacter sakazakii, rarely occur. When they do, symptoms of infection can include:
- Fever and vomiting
- Urinary tract infection
You do not have to understand the legal and other ramifications of potential contamination or attempt to take on the manufacturer and their legal and insurance representatives on your own.
Our South Carolina personal injury lawyer in your area will explain your consumer rights and Lyon Magnus’ responsibility to its customers. We will investigate the contamination and its cause. We also carefully assess the physical and financial effects of the contaminated products.
FDA Research Has Identified the Potential for Additional Contaminants
Initial assessment of the protein shakes led to the discovery of a single contaminant. In August of 2022, FDA reports identified another contaminant in addition to Cronobacter sakazakii. Since then, it has extended its initial recall to include additional Lyons Magnus products that might also be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum.
- Cronobacter sakazakii: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data defines it as a naturally occurring germ sometimes found in powdered products. Resulting infections could pose serious risks to the elderly and to consumers with a weakened immune system.
- Clostridium botulinum: FDA data defines it as a spore-forming bacteria that could cause neurotoxicity. Neurotoxicity can potentially disrupt the normal activity of your nervous system. While rare, foodborne exposure to this contaminant is frequently fatal.
When our protein shake attorney represents you, we will consult medical, microbial, and other subject matter experts. They can attest to the risks you unknowingly took by using Lyons Magnus protein shake products. In addition to these expert consultations, we also request copies of any studies that prove the harm caused by products contaminated with these organisms.
Possible Effects of Cronobacter Sakazakii or Clostridium Botulinum
According to CDC research, Cronobacter sakazakii infection is rare but could lead to wound infections, urinary tract infections, and bloodstream infections. According to National Library of Medicine (NIH) research, exposure to Clostridium Botulinum (part of the family of botulism infections) could lead to complications including nosocomial infections, urinary tract infections, thrombophlebitis, deep vein thrombosis, pressure sores, and contractures.
The population most at risk for serious complications from exposure include individuals with weakened immune systems and individuals who are 65 years of age or older. These criteria could include many individuals. If you or a loved one was affected, our law firm will help you hold the manufacturer accountable for their negligence.
For a free legal consultation, call 803-222-2222
Contamination Could Have Affected a Wide Range of Protein Shake Products
Lyons Magnus manufactures a number of protein shake products. Products are sold in various formulas and under a variety of brands and names. Accordingly, it could be difficult for you to know which products were affected.
You do not have to identify contaminated protein shakes on your own. Our law firm works hard to identify them for you and to help you fight for compensation. Those products known to have been affected by the recent voluntary recall include:
Lyons Ready Care
- Thickened Dairy Drink — Moderately Thick/Honey Consistency
- 2.0 High-Calorie High Protein Nutritional Drink Butter Pecan
- 2.0 High-Calorie High Protein Nutritional Drink Chocolate
- Thickened Dairy Drink — Mildly Thick/Nectar Consistency
- 2.0 High-Calorie High Protein Nutritional Drink Vanilla
Lyons Barista Style
- Almond Non-Dairy Beverage
- Coconut Non-Dairy Beverage
- Oat Non-Dairy Beverage
- Plant Protein Decadent Chocolate
- Plant Protein Caramel Coffee
- Plant Protein Golden Vanilla
- Plant Protein Very Strawberry
- Chocolate Sea Salt Plant-Based Protein
- Coconut Plant-Based Protein
- Vanilla Plant-Based Protein
- Iced Coffee Plant-Based Protein
- Cold Coffee
- Oat Latte
- Pediatric Standard 1.2 Vanilla
- Oat-Milk Barista Edition
- Café Latte
- Cookies & Cream Protein Shake
- Milk Chocolate Protein Shake
- Salted Caramel Protein Shake
- Vanilla Milkshake Protein Shake
- Cold Brew Coffee With Oat Milk Original
- Cold Brew Coffee With Oat Milk Horchata
- Cold Brew Coffee With Oat Milk Chocolate
- Cold Brew Coffee With Cream & Sugar Chocolate
- Cold Brew Coffee with Cream & Sugar Original
- Med Plus 2.0 Vanilla Nutritional Drink
- Thickened Dairy Drink — Moderately Thick/Honey Consistency
- Thickened Dairy Drink — Mildly Thick/Nectar Consistency
- Med Plus NSA 1.7 Vanilla Nutritional Drink
- Med Plus 2.0 Butter Pecan Nutritional Drink
- Thickened Dairy Drink – Mildly Thick
This list is in no way exhaustive. Do not assume you are not entitled to compensation if you do not see the products that you purchased or used on this list. The best way to understand your legal rights and financial recovery options is with a free review of your case.
Did you or a loved one consume one of the products on this list or another protein shake manufactured by Lyons Magnus? Our protein shake recall lawyer at Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. is passionate about pursuing fairness and compensation for our clients. We will advocate for you, appropriately assess your financial recovery, and ensure your case is filed within the appropriate filing deadline.
Many Protein Shake Consumers Could Have Faced Contaminant Exposure
Lyons Magnus sold and distributed as many as 53 protein shake products that were part of their recent recall. Each can be identified by lot code and best-by date.
Because the products’ sale and use were widespread, the contamination could potentially affect individual consumers nationwide. If you have any of the affected products in your possession, FDA guidelines recommend discontinuing use right away or disposing of the products.
You may not have kept the product packaging needed to identify your purchase and use. We can help. We offer free consultations for potential clients and will help you assess and document your use of the affected products and their potential toll on your health.
What to Do if You Consumed Lyons Magnus Protein Shakes and Products
Finding out a product you used to improve your health could have exposed you to danger can be frightening and overwhelming. It can also leave you uncertain of what to do. At Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., our Lyons Magnus protein shake recall lawyer will explain your next steps.
As a protein shake consumer, you should:
- Stop using any affected products in your possession
- Record and preserve the product’s serial numbers
- Safely discard any and all affected Lyons Magnus products
- Seek legal support to understand your rights and options
The initial lawsuit was filed in South Carolina Federal Court in November of 2022. It alleged that Lyons Magnus failed to ensure the quality of its protein shakes. Additional lawsuits are currently being prepared and filed on behalf of protein shake consumers. When you turn to our law firm for legal service, we handle all the details of building your case and negotiating a fair and appropriate settlement.
The Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer to Pursue Damages on Your Behalf
On your own, product liability cases can be challenging and time-consuming. Our team’s familiarity with product liability, personal injury, and insurance law can benefit your case. To strengthen and support your case, we will:
- Consult relevant bacterial and medical experts
- Calculate the financial value of your case
- Complete and submit all case-related paperwork
- Communicate with all relevant parties in your case
- Clarify complex legal, medical, and insurance language
- Address your legal questions and concerns
- Provide you with timely updates on your case
- Negotiate a fair and appropriate settlement
- Represent you in court, if necessary
Leave it to us. Our law firm will do all of the hard work, legwork, and investigative work to substantiate your case. We will also deal with the insurance company so you do not have to.
Lyons Magnus May Be Financially Liable for Their Contaminated Protein Shakes
Product manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure the products they put on the market are safe for ordinary use. Who we pursue on your behalf could depend on what makes the product unsafe. Liability can depend on:
- The protein shake formula
- The manufacturing process
- Defects in production
- Defects in storage
- Warnings disclosures
Investigations are ongoing to determine the way these products became contaminated and how damaged products made it to the market.
Potential Financial Compensation You Could Recover
Our protein shake recall lawyer is seeking compensation for consumers of Lyons Magnus products. Damages you could be entitled to recover include:
- Known and anticipated medical costs
- Known and anticipated losses of income
- Mental and emotional anguish and trauma
- Any resulting physical pain and suffering
This list is not conclusive, and you could be entitled to additional damages as your case is evaluated and assessed. At Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., we fight for the clients we represent to regain quality of life. We carefully assess your case and your rights. We also identify the manufacturer’s financial responsibility for placing you in danger. Our goal is to resolve your case with the best possible outcome for you.
Your Attorneys Need Sufficient Time to Meet Deadlines and Requirements
Product liability is a type of personal injury case. Therefore, it is subject to a statute of limitations — a deadline that determines how long you have to file your lawsuit.
The majority of cases like these are settled without going to court. Our law firm will ensure your lawsuit is filed on time to protect your right to take Lyons Magnus to trial if a fair and appropriate settlement can’t be reached.
The sooner you notify us of your use of the affected products, the more time we have to build and prepare your case. We also have time to conduct a thorough investigation, interpret the appropriate filing deadline, and ensure your case is filed with the guidelines of your state.
Learn More About Our Commitment to Outstanding Client Service and Support
Our law firm is committed to pursuing compensation for our clients who were injured by someone else’s negligence. Clients we represented in the past say the following in online reviews of our law firm:
- Joel McCall: Wonderful team, they went above and beyond for me. No question went unanswered and anything I needed, they provided. Would use again and always refer people to use them. They’re the best.
- Tonia Dudley: Anastopoulo Law Firm was great! They were open and honest about my case. They explained in detail of how the process goes. They got my cases settled in a timely manner. My expectations were met.
Read additional reviews from satisfied clients on our testimonials page and learn more about how hard our legal team will fight for you.
Call for Your Free Consultation
Were you or someone you love exposed to Cronobacter sakazakii, Clostridium botulinum, and the possibility of infection from Lyons Magnus products? If you were, our protein shake recall lawyer will build a product liability case for you. Contact one of our Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. consultation team members to learn more about your right to financial compensation.