Chesterfield Personal Injury Attorney
Were you or someone you love injured in a collision, slip and fall, or another accident? While you recover from the accident, our Chesterfield personal injury attorneys will help you build a strong case against the at-fault party. Our law firm will pursue recovery for your past, present, and future losses.
At Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., we handle all the details of your case, starting with a free case review. We also represent you on a contingency-fee basis, which means you can put us to work immediately at no upfront cost.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas in Chesterfield
Our legal team advocates for people who have suffered harm in these situations:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Defective drug cases
- Dog bite and attack cases
- Medical malpractice incidents
- Nursing home abuse incidents
- Premises or product liability incidents
- On-the-job accidents
In addition to personal injury cases, we also help clients with legal matters such as sexual harassment, class action cases, discrimination, and defamation. We also advocate for families who have lost loved ones to fatal injuries. We never stop fighting for you or the compensation you are entitled to receive.
Our History of Personal Injury Case Results
Every client we represent is unique, so we take a client-focused approach to pursuing compensation. We’ve achieved these outcomes for previous clients:
- Car accident: $7 million trial verdict
- Premises liability incident: $6 million trial verdict
- Bicycle accident: $1 million settlement
- Construction accident: $1 million settlement
- Nursing home abuse and neglect case: $985,000 settlement
- Motorcycle accident: $475,000 settlement
Our personal injury attorney in Chesterfield County, South Carolina, knows about personal injury and insurance laws relevant to your situation. See additional examples of the settlements and financial awards we have obtained for our clients on our case results page.
Compensation We Pursue for Injured Clients in Chesterfield
Compensation in your case could account for these (and other) losses:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage costs
- Disability and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
Our goal is to obtain the best possible outcome for your case. By fighting for the compensation you need, we give you the opportunity to put your life back together.
We Help Surviving Family Members Pursue Wrongful Death Compensation
If your family lost one of its members, we can only imagine what you’re going through. We want you to take this time to grieve and spend time with your loved ones. In the meantime, we can pursue recovery for your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses.
South Carolina law generally entitles the decedent’s spouse, parent, or child to recoup compensation for a wrongful death. When we handle your case, our firm ensures the appropriate representatives file the wrongful death action. We also make sure your case is filed within the appropriate timeframe.
Get the Legal Service and Support Your Personal Injury Case Requires
After suffering an accidental injury, you deserve time to focus on recovering your physical and emotional health. To ensure you have the time you need, our Chesterfield County, South Carolina, injury lawyer will:
- Explain the legal aspects of your case
- Provide regular and ongoing updates
- Assign financial liability
- Handle all case-related communications
- Compile evidence and documentation
- Determine the monetary value of your case
- Interview expert witnesses (such as accident reconstruction specialists)
- Negotiate with insurers on your behalf
If the insurer refuses to settle your claim, we will not hesitate to take your case to court. We also handle all legal filings and similar matters at the Chesterfield County Clerk of Court for you.
We Operate on a Contingency-Fee Basis
No one should have to risk losing the right to recover damages because of financial concerns. So, we don’t charge hourly rates or retainers. At no upfront or out-of-pocket cost, our team will:
- Investigate your accident
- Gather compelling evidence
- Draft and file your case
- Protect you from aggressive insurance companies
- Represent you at trial
We do whatever is necessary to finish your case. In lieu of traditional fees, we accept a percentage of your settlement or verdict as compensation. That means your case can move forward without affecting your financial resources.
Our Team Will Identify the Cause of Your Accident and the Negligent Party
To hold the at-fault party financially responsible for your accident, the state requires proof of their negligence. Our team will prove:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
Our personal injury attorney in Chesterfield County, South Carolina, will collect evidence that proves these elements. We also submit your evidence and any required documentation to the at-fault party’s representative.
We Assign Liability for Your Losses
The at-fault party in your accident could assert that you contributed to your accident and injuries. If successful, this could affect how much you can recover for your losses.
Consider this situation:
- You were visiting a shopping center.
- You tripped on an uneven sidewalk.
- The other party argues that you fell because you wore inadequate footwear.
- The at-fault party is deemed 80 percent responsible.
- You’re deemed 20 percent responsible.
- Your losses total $1 million.
- Because you were deemed 20 percent responsible, you could recover $800,000.
As long as you didn’t cause more than half of the incident, you can pursue compensation, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-38-15. Your accident lawyer in Chesterfield, SC, can explain more.
South Carolina’s Statute of Limitations Limits Your Filing Period
Your personal injury case has a filing deadline called the statute of limitations. Failure to comply with the statute of limitations could prevent you from filing your lawsuit at all. Even if you manage to file your lawsuit late, the at-fault party’s representative will ask for — and is likely to receive — an immediate dismissal.
Your filing deadline will depend on your case. In South Carolina, you generally have:
- Three years from the date of an accident to file your personal injury case, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530
- Three years from the date of a loved one’s passing to file your wrongful death case, according to the same statute
- Three years from the date of a medical error — or the date it was discovered — to file your medical malpractice lawsuit, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-545
When we handle your case, we make sure you understand the applicable statute of limitations. We also make sure your potential lawsuit is filed on time and appropriately.
Our Clients Say Great Things About Our Firm
In the decades that we’ve served injured people, they’ve shared:
- “Wonderful team, they went above and beyond for me. No question went unanswered and anything I needed they provided. Would use again and always refer people to use them. They’re the best.” ––Joel C.
- “I loved everything about this company. They took me from no money to for sure money. Don’t scream call Akim. I promise you fast, fair, and they are going to get you your money.” ––Sirr S.
- “Anastopoulo Law Firm was great! They were open and honest about my case. They explained in detail of how the process goes. They got my cases settled in a timely manner. My expectations were met.” ––Tonia D.
Your Chesterfield, SC, personal injury lawyer will advocate for you, just as they’ve done for others.
Call Any Time for Your Free Consultation
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident caused by negligence, you could have the basis of an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party. Our personal injury attorney representing clients in Chesterfield can help you build a strong case for financial compensation.
Contact one of our Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. team members at (800) 313-2546 to get your free case review today.