Myrtle Beach Bike Week Safety
Motorcycle fans come from across the state (and the entire country) to attend the fall motorcycle rally held annually in Myrtle Beach. While less crowded and chaotic than Sturgis or the spring Myrtle Beach rally, tens of thousands of bikers riding into Myrtle Beach each October results in an increased potential for motorcycle accidents and injuries. To help protect yourself and others while having a good time, we have collected some simple tips for Myrtle Beach bike week safety.
Make Safety A Priority During Myrtle Beach Bike Week
The 2017 Myrtle Beach Bike Week fall rally is officially scheduled to begin Monday, October 2 and conclude Sunday, October 8, with vendors and attractions throughout the Grand Strand. Some vendors set up early the weekend before, making it a ten day event, but the last weekend is the one that tends to draw the biggest crowds.
The fall rally may be smaller than others, but the cooler temperatures, off-season hotel rates, and the smaller, more manageable number of attendees have made it a biker favorite. If you are making plans to attend, keep these rally survival tips from Progressive in mind:
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 777-7777
Before the Event
- Have your bike serviced, and make sure it is in good running order.
- Check the weather to know what conditions you can expect.
- If you are riding alone, share your itinerary with friends, and let them know times when you will check in.
- While there are no helmet laws in Myrtle Beach for adult bikers, be aware that locations you may be passing through might require them.
During the Rally
- Stay off unfamiliar roads and stick with official rally events.
- Consider using a locking mechanism to protect your bike.
- Keep a spare set of keys somewhere safe, just in case your first set gets lost.
- Take advantage of vendor sales, where you can pick up helmets, goggles, boots, and other bike safety gear.
- Avoid riding at night or in rainy conditions.
- Park your bike in a safe place and take an Uber if you intend to drink.
Leaving Myrtle Beach
- Be aware that you are likely to encounter heavy traffic conditions leaving from the rally
- Remember that other motorists are not always as aware of motorcyclists as they should be, even immediately following a bike event
- Take your time on your trip home
- Do not ride if you are overly tired or hungover
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Been In An Accident? Get Help Today
In the event you are involved in a motorcycle accident, contact Anastopoulo Law Firm for help. We understand the serious nature of these injuries and can assist you in holding responsible drivers accountable. Call or contact our office online to request a free consultation with our South Carolina motorcycle accident attorney.
Apart from the official accident report, your motorcycle accident attorneys in Florence will conduct their own investigation. After evaluating your medical records, talking to witnesses, taking depositions, and piecing togetherthe accident timeline and circumstances, they will have a case. Armed with the evidence, they will initiate negotiations with the at-fault parties to reach a satisfactory settlement. Even if you were partially at fault, you could still get some compensation for your injuries or property damage. Suppose the other party was 100% responsible for the accident. In that case, your lawyers will push for economic and non-economic damages to give you a fair chance of going back to your normal life.