Truck Accident Lawsuit Timeline
Many different factors play a role in defining your truck accident lawsuit timeline and the financial recovery process. If you or a loved one was injured, or if a loved one was fatally injured in a truck accident, the time it takes to resolve your case can vary greatly. Some of the factors that determine the timing of your resolution include the negotiation process and your role in it.
When we represent you, we work hard to resolve your case promptly and streamline the compensation process. We conduct a thorough investigation into the accident’s cause and the resulting costs. We also assign liability, prove negligence, and handle all case-related communications for you.
Clarifying the Personal Injury Lawsuit Timeline
A truck accident lawsuit varies from a car accident lawsuit because – and might have a slightly increased timeline – because identifying the at-fault party can be more complex. In a car accident, the at-fault driver is typically easy to identify. In a truck accident, the at-fault party can include various individuals or entities, such as the driver, the company they work for, or the company that built the truck or its components.
When we handle your case, we identify the right at-fault party to pursue as quickly as possible, but we may have to wait for witness statements and your crash report. The next steps we take after identification include:
- Determining your case’s value
- Gathering supportive evidence
- Negotiating with at-fault party’s insurer
- Agreeing to a settlement offer
Many personal injury cases like yours are settled without a trial. If we cannot agree on a favorable settlement amount, we will take your case to trial, which may add to your case’s timeline.
For a free legal consultation, call 803-222-2222
Damages You Can Recover After a Truck Accident
When we help you seek compensation after a truck accident, our goal is a fair and accurate settlement for you. We assign a value to your truck accident case based on the following expenses and losses:
- Medical care, including emergency, hospital, and follow-up care
- Lost wages for the entire duration of your physical recovery
- Repair or replacement of your damaged or destroyed vehicle
- Physical disability, disfigurement, or permanent scarring
- Current and future physical and emotional pain and suffering
If someone you love was fatally injured in a truck accident, your recoverable damages will also include compensation for their wrongful death. Wrongful death damages include funeral expenses, burial expenses, and loss of consortium and society.
The Statute of Limitations Is an Important Part of the Timeline
Your state will impose a mandatory filing deadline on your personal injury case. Our team makes sure your lawsuit is filed on time to avoid an outright dismissal. Our law firm represents clients in South Carolina where the following statutes of limitations apply:
- S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 generally gives you up to three years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit
- The same statute also gives you three years from the date of demise to file a wrongful death lawsuit
We also represent injured clients in North Carolina, where the following statutes of limitations apply vary slightly. G.S. § 1-52 gives you up to three years from the accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit. Similarly, G.S. § 1-53 gives you up to two years from the date of demise to file a wrongful death statute of limitations.
Previous Clients Speak for Us
Our clients’ personal injury cases are important to every member of our team. When previous clients talk about our fight for their financial recovery, they say:
- “They were absolutely amazing. They listened to me they helped me, and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience than I had with them. I would definitely recommend them to anybody and everybody looking for a personal injury lawyer.” – Angie Gibson
- “I have used them twice now for car wrecks. They are amazing. Very friendly, always answered my questions. They really helped every step of the way and kept me informed about what was going on in my case. Would definitely recommend them 100%.” – Shana Wilferd
- “My experience with Anastopoulo Law Firm – everyone that [I] contacted was courteous and professional. They kept me informed at every step. They are a great team that truly fights hard for you. I highly recommend Anastopoulo Law Firm.” – Juanita Tucker
Our law firm is committed to resolving your case with a favorable resolution. When our team handles your truck accident case, we never stop fighting until you get the financial compensation you are entitled to for the at-fault party’s negligence.
Contact One of Our Truck Accident Team Members
Get a free review of your case and an understanding of your anticipated truck accident lawsuit timeline at no cost from one of our Anastopoulo Law Firm team members. We’re here to help you understand the legal process in your situation. We will answer your questions and any concerns you have.
You can start today by calling one of our team members at (800) 777-7777.