Columbia Premises Liability Attorney
Premises Liability Lawyer in Columbia, South Carolina
Were you or a loved one injured on someone else’s property? If so, the personal injury team at Anastopoulo Law Firm is ready to pursue compensation for your losses.
One of our personal injury attorneys will conduct a full investigation of your case to determine fault and liability. From there, we can pursue the cost of your injury-related losses, both past and future. We also offer free case reviews where you can explore partnering with a premises liability lawyer in Columbia, South Carolina.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving South Carolina, call 803-222-2222
We Will Seek Compensation for Everything You Need
Premises liability cases vary from one to the next. From dog attacks to slipping and falling on a driveway, there are several scenarios in which you could suffer harm due to negligence. Depending on your accident’s circumstances, you can seek compensation for a host of expenses, including:
- Medical costs
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Permanent disfigurement
- Reduced enjoyment of life
This is not an all-inclusive list. You may qualify for other forms of compensation. You can learn more about your recoverable damages during your free case review.
How Our Team Will Calculate What You’re Owed
When exploring the cost of your losses, we will ask ourselves these questions:
- How were you harmed?
- What financial losses did you incur?
- How long will it take to recover from your condition?
- Will you ever resume your previous quality of life?
- Did you contribute to the accident?
We’ve recovered million-dollar outcomes for our clients. For instance, we once secured a $10 million court award after our client slipped and fell at Walmart. In another case, we won more than $6 million after our client was assaulted while playing pool in a bar.
We will do everything possible to secure a fair outcome for your case. You can learn more about our testimonials online.
South Carolina Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
You Generally Have Three Years To File Your Civil Lawsuit
South Carolina’s statute of limitations (S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530) notes that you generally have three years to file your premises liability lawsuit. Your filing period usually begins from the date of your accident. However, if you didn’t discover your injuries until a later date, this could slightly alter your filing deadline.
If you don’t file before the deadline expires, your chances of collecting a settlement are drastically lowered. This could free the liable party of their legal obligations.
Our Premises Liability Attorneys in Columbia, SC, Are Ready To Serve You
Our premises liability lawyers in Columbia, SC, are ready to help you by:
- Investigating your case. Conducting our own investigation gives us evidence to support your case, including the value of your damages. There are other advantages as well. Gathering evidence also helps us determine fault and liability for your accident.
- Communicating with the involved parties. Juggling communications with multiple parties can get overwhelming. With our team on your side, we can respond to all inquiries from the claims adjuster, insurance company, other party’s lawyers, and more.
- Completing necessary paperwork and administrative efforts. Premises liability cases involve a great deal of paperwork. Our staff can fill out all necessary paperwork, submit it to the appropriate party, and keep you updated on any changes.
- Negotiating a settlement. After filing your claim, our premises liability attorneys in Columbia will fight for a fair settlement. This involves using evidence, taking witness statements, and reviewing the liable insurance policy.
- Representing you in court. If your case goes to court, we will be there to pursue fair compensation.
Your premises liability lawyer serving Columbia, SC, will answer any questions you may have about your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Questions and Answers About Premises Liability Cases in Columbia, SC
Some questions we frequently get from premises liability claimants in Columbia include:
What Causes Premises Liability Accidents?
You can pursue compensation regardless of whether you were hurt on public or private property. If a South Carolina owner does not keep their property in a “reasonably safe condition,” they can be held accountable for your losses.
We have advocated for people who have suffered harm due to:
- Poor lighting
- Unsecured premises
- Unfenced pools
- Aggressive dogs or animals
- Slippery walkways
- Debris in walkways
- Near-fatal drowning
- Non-functioning cameras or locks
- Broken windows
- Dangerous stairways
Does It Matter Why I Was Visiting Another Party’s Property?
As long as you were lawfully visiting another party’s property, you can generally pursue damages. In South Carolina, visitors to others’ property are divided into these categories:
- Invitees. If you were invited onto the premises by the property owner, their liability for your injuries is the highest.
- Licensees. If you were on another party’s property to conduct business or for some other purpose, the owner’s liability is less than that of an invitee.
- Trespassers. Without a direct invitation or permission from the property owner, the owner’s liability is considerably less than the previous two statuses.
Licensees and invitees are expected what is defined as “reasonable/ordinary care regarding their safety” by the property owner. If you were trespassing on another party’s property and suffered harm, you can still seek damages. However, your legal rights depend on many aspects of your situation.
What Happens if the Other Party Accuses Me of Causing the Accident?
After notifying the liable party about your accident, it may accuse you of causing your own accident. For instance, the insurance company may argue that because you were wearing inadequate footwear, you slipped, and it’s not liable.
This is where working with Anastopoulo Law Firm benefits you. If the other party accuses you of being negligent, we can counter this accusation with evidence.
Our Premises Liability Team in Columbia, SC Is Awaiting Your Call
Anastopoulo Law Firm has one goal: to advocate for injured people in South Carolina. If you or a loved one suffered harm while on another party’s property, we’re ready to seek compensation for what you need.
To begin your free case review, dial (800) 313-2546. Our team can answer your questions and address your concerns today.