Newberry Personal Injury Attorney
Those who suffer harm-injuries, wrongful death, and other losses-due to others’ negligence deserve justice. If you or a loved one have financial, physical, psychological, or emotional damages because of another party’s actions or failures, Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. can help.
A Newberry personal injury attorney from our firm will fight for your financial recovery.
Personal Injury Cases in Newberry That Our Firm Handles
Our personal injury attorneys are prepared to seek justice for our clients, regardless of their case type. We are versed in a variety of personal injury case types, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents: We handle car accidents, SUV accidents, truck accidents, four-wheeler accidents, scooter accidents, and collisions involving other types of motor vehicles.
- Medical malpractice: From birth injuries to surgical errors and other types of harmful medical events, our firm handles complex medical malpractice cases of all kinds.
- Premises liability: When property owners in Newberry fail to ensure safe premises for all visitors, we seek justice for resulting harm.
- Animal attacks: Animal owners in Newberry are generally responsible when their pets cause injuries to others. We can represent you if you are the victim of an animal attack.
- Workplace accidents: We handle claims and lawsuits for workplace accidents, including but not limited to construction accidents and workplace poisoning.
- Elder mistreatment: If your loved one has suffered mistreatment in a nursing home or assisted living facility in Newberry, we’ll work to hold liable parties accountable.
- Mass torts: Some cases involve a large class of victims. We may lead a lawsuit involving you and many other plaintiffs, or we can help you join an existing mass tort.
- Wrongful deaths: If your loved one passed away because of another party’s negligence, then we’ll file and complete a wrongful death action for you.
We handle other cases, like defective products, cruise ship injuries, bicycle accidents, and more. If you’ve suffered unnecessary harm because of another party, we want to hear about it.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving South Carolina, call 803-222-2222
Who Should Consider Filing a Personal Injury Case?
Victims of negligence generally have reason to pursue a personal injury claim. Negligence happens when a party fails to exercise reasonable behavior in a given circumstance. When such negligence causes injury, death, or other damages, the victim may sue the negligent party.
Who May You Sue for Your Damages?
The person or institution whose negligence caused you harm may be liable for your damages. Our team will review the details of your case and identify all liable parties. Each case type is different, but we’ve handled lawsuits against:
- Municipalities like the City of Newberry
- Reckless motorists
- Business owners who fail to ensure a safe property
- Product manufacturers
- Nursing homes and assisted living facilities
- Animal owners
We need to review the facts of your case before we know who to sue. Our Newberry, SC, personal injury lawyers handle cases like yours. We will know which losses to look for and work towards a judgment or settlement for you.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Recoverable Damages in a Newberry Personal Injury Case
With each client we represent, we discover a new story of how negligence affects one’s life. Your damages will be like no other client’s, and we’ll create a full accounting of your losses. Recoverable damages in personal injury cases may include:
#1. Medical Costs
Injuries that we see in personal injury cases are often costly. As the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains, the medical cost of a fall-one event for which we represent personal injury clients-is immense.
Whatever type of event has caused you harm, we’ll seek compensation for medical expenses such as:
- Medical transport from the scene of your accident
- Emergency department care
- Imaging of your injuries
- All doctors’ appointments
- Medical equipment
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
The nature and severity of your injuries will largely dictate your medical expenses.
#2. Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering is a damage we see in most personal injury cases. Whether you’ve suffered injuries or lost a loved one, you may lose sleep, experience physical pain, endure emotional anguish, and experience a reduced quality of life. You may even develop conditions like anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Our firm will seek compensation for your pain and suffering, as well as the treatment you require to alleviate your pain and suffering.
#3. Professional Damages
Our clients often miss work while recovering from injuries. Such unwanted time away from your job may cause:
- Lost income
- Loss of status with your employer
- Missed opportunities for bonuses and other performance-related benefits
- Lost productivity
- Lost earning power
Such damages demand fair compensation from those who caused them.
#4. Property Damage
Certain personal injury cases involve property damage. Motor vehicle accidents are one class of personal injury cases that frequently involve extensive property damage. If you suffered damage to any property, our personal injury lawyer in Newberry County, South Carolina, can pursue coverage for repairs or replacement.
#5. Losses Specific to a Wrongful Death
As personal injury lawyers, we handle wrongful death cases in Newberry, SC. Those who lose a loved one may also lose:
- A spouse
- A parent
- A financial provider
- Someone who helped the household operate
These losses, as well as pain and suffering, medical expenses, and funeral costs, are common in wrongful death cases.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Reasons to Choose Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. as Your Personal Injury Attorneys
You have many choices when seeking an accident lawyer in Newberry County, SC. We believe that our firm is as strong as any other serving South Carolina. As our client, you will:
- Have our entire firm fighting for the financial result you deserve
- Be able to reach your attorney, as well as other members of our team, when you need them
- Have your thoughts, questions, and concerns addressed in a detailed, reassuring manner
- Pay no case-related costs-we handle those
- Be able to focus on your recovery as we handle every step in your personal injury case
Our firm offers more than 25 years of legal experience. Take a look at our client testimonials to get an idea of why they chose our firm for their personal injury cases.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Can Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. Help with My Personal Injury Case in Newberry?
Our team of attorneys and paralegals work closely with clients to start their cases. We want to hear, in your own words, what your case is all about. Once we’ve gathered your account of events, you’ll be able to focus on your recovery. Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. will handle the remaining steps in your case, including:
- Gathering evidence and documentation of your losses
- Calculating the monetary cost of your damages
- Hiring experts to reconstruct your accident or testify
- Dealing with insurance companies and other attorneys
- Filing your case and other necessary paperwork
- Leading settlement negotiations
We don’t generally need to go to trial for personal injury cases. When we do go to trial, though, we intend to win.
We Receive No Upfront Payment from You-The Financial Risk of Your Case Falls Squarely on Us
Our attorneys serving Newberry work for contingencies. We don’t bill by the hour or get a flat fee for your case. Instead, we invest in your case-if we win for you, then we get a percentage. While we strive to win every case, you’ll owe us absolutely nothing if we don’t get a recovery for you.
Call Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. Today for Your Free Consultation
S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 generally allows us three years to file a personal injury case on your behalf. Per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, we generally have the same window to file a wrongful death case. These timeframes can fly by quicker than many victims realize, so don’t wait to hire a Newberry personal injury attorney from our firm.
Call Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. today at (800) 313-2546 for your free consultation.