South Carolina Paragard IUD Lawyer
If you used a Paragard IUD and developed adverse health issues related to its removal, you could be entitled to compensation. Many Paragard IUD devices have reportedly broken during removal or become lodged, requiring surgery for complete removal. You do not have to seek monetary recovery alone – our firm can help you join a mass torts lawsuit filed on behalf of injured users.
Our South Carolina Paragard IUD lawyer can represent you as you seek financial compensation for your injuries, loss of income, and pain and suffering. We deal with the at-fault party for you, including identifying their negligence and negotiating financial settlements. Our Anastopoulo Law Firm team also handles communication and correspondence on your behalf.
Health Hazards Caused By Paragard IUD Devices
IUDs were designed to provide women with a safe and long-term birth control option. While Paragard IUDs seem to perform well for this purpose, some women report injuries during the removal process. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine research cites instances of mispositioned devices and possible uterine ruptures as risks associated with device removal.
Women might also experience other adverse reactions from IUD use. According to Cleveland Clinic information on Paragard IUD devices, additional adverse side effects can include:
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Increased risk of infection
- Certain forms of cancer
- Uterine fibroids or tumors
If you were diagnosed with a health condition connected to your intrauterine birth control device, we can help you seek compensation. Our attorneys can collect evidence to prove the connection between the device and your current medical condition. We can also help you prove you were not informed of these risks and are therefore entitled to compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a paragard iud lawyer serving South Carolina, call 803-222-2222
Damages You Can Recover By Joining a Mass Tort Case
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we help women injured during the removal of their Paragard birth control device in South Carolina. If you were one of these women, you could be entitled to compensation from Paragard’s maker.
As part of our services, we help calculate the compensation you can request from the device manufacturer. The economic and non-economic damages you could recover include:
- Medical expenses, including past and future health care appointments, travel expenses to and from medical facilities, prescription medications, and assistive medical devices
- Income losses, including lost wages for the days you miss at work, future loss of income, and loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering, including past and future physical and emotional distress and counseling to help you cope with your changed medical condition
You could receive additional compensation specific to you, which our team will help you define. We carefully detail, track, and calculate your damages to ensure no legitimate expenses or losses are overlooked when assigning a value to your case. Our team works hard to help you compile the documentation that proves the value of your damages.
Protecting Your Eligibility to File a Defective Products Lawsuit
All civil lawsuits, including mass torts cases, have a filing deadline. In South Carolina, the personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years from the date your injury occurred or from the date you became aware of it, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530.
If the statutory filing deadline expires, you lose your legal ability to seek compensation from the Paragard IUD manufacturer. When you hire us, our legal team makes sure your lawsuit is filed on time and complies with all relevant personal injury and mass torts laws.
When Anastopoulo Law Firm represents you, we work hard to resolve your legal issue with an out-of-court settlement. However, we also prepare your case for court.
South Carolina Paragard IUD Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Our Paragard IUD Lawyers Seek to Hold Paragard’s Manufacturer Liable
You do not have to represent yourself against a large medical device manufacturer. When our mass tort lawyer and legal team is on your side, we take the following steps to ensure your case moves forward as seamlessly as possible. Our team will:
- Review, organize, and submit medical information
- Compile financial information and proof of income
- Consult medical and gynecological specialists
- Communicate with the at-fault party and their insurer
- Make periodic reports on the progress of your case
Our team is responsive, communicative, and committed to advocating for you. We work hard to make sure you have the time you need for your physical and emotional recovery.
Hear What Past Clients Say About Our Legal Support
Our team works hard to build your case and ensure your experience with our law firm is a positive one. Our previous clients had this to say about working with us:
- “Was very efficient is settling my case and would recommend this firm to anyone.” – Nicholas Sarratt
- “One of their attorneys walked me through a complicated legal issue and was very knowledgeable. Highly recommend seeking their legal service!!” – Caleb Walker
- “Quick to settle. Polite, and I would come back…The best lawyers I’ve seen yet. Thank you, guys, so much.” – Shannon Simmons
- “Very professional and caring from start to finish. I will definitely be using them for any future needs!” – Rana Jenkins
Your case is important to us, so our firm offers legal support and client-focused and results-driven representation. We make sure you get the attention to detail your case needs and deserves, and the best possible outcome.
Call Our Team Members Anytime for a Free Consultation
When you chose your birth control device, you anticipated being informed of all possible risks and potential health hazards. If you were harmed by using or removing a Paragard IUD, our South Carolina lawyers can help you join a mass torts lawsuit against the device’s manufacturer.
Contact one of our Anastopoulo Law Firm team members by calling (800) 777-7777 today for a free case review.