South Carolina Talcum Powder Lawyer
Used in baby powder, body powder, makeup, and more, talcum powder has become linked to some forms of cancer, including ovarian cancer. So, women who have received a cancer diagnosis after using talcum powder have started holding the powder companies responsible for the financial damages of their diagnosis and the resulting income loss and pain and suffering.
Our Anastopoulo Law Firm team is preparing a case against talcum powder manufacturers. Hence, if you or someone you love was diagnosed with cancer after using talcum powder products, you could be eligible to join other injured plaintiffs in our mass torts case. Our South Carolina talcum powder lawyer will help you understand how a multiple-plaintiff lawsuit is built and how you can seek individual compensation.
Understand How Mass Tort Settlements Work
When you file a compensation case against a person or company whose negligence injured you, you become the plaintiff in the case, and the negligent party becomes the defendant. Moreover, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure allow multiple plaintiffs to seek compensation from a single defendant. In a mass tort case, each plaintiff requests a specific monetary amount versus a class action case where a single settlement amount is shared equally between all plaintiffs.
When you join other plaintiffs in a mass tort case against a talcum powder manufacturer, our team helps each of you prove the connection between their injuries and their use of the product in question. We also help each plaintiff spell out their case against the shared defendant and assign a financial value to your injuries.
Learn How Much Your Case Is Worth
Since each plaintiff seeks their own set of financial damages in a mass tort case, finding out how much your case is worth is an individual process. The process can also be time-consuming and involve a mountain of paperwork and documents. Therefore, our team will help you gather the evidence you need to prove the value of your injuries and related expenses. The potential value of your case includes compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Mental and physical pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses, if applicable
Our team helps you carefully and accurately calculate these damages. Because your individual settlement is based on these expenses and losses, we help you use your medical bills and check stubs to prove your financial request is warranted.
Understand the Steps in the Mass Tort Settlement Process
Every mass tort case is its own entity and will have its own steps to follow. Each plaintiff will seek individual compensation as part of the larger case. Typically, our legal team will take the following steps toward resolving your case. We will:
- Listen to your story to glean important details
- Review your medical records with expert consultants
- Identify the connection between talcum powder use and your diagnosis
- Build your individual case against the talcum powder manufacturer
- Assess the monetary value of your case
- File a lawsuit within the statute of limitations
Most cases like these are settled out of court. And, our goal is to resolve your case with a favorable financial settlement versus a lengthy trial. We work hard to make sure your case is accurately valued and your evidence supports a resolution in your favor.
For a free legal consultation with a talcum powder lawyer serving South Carolina, call 803-222-2222
Let Our Law Firm Handle Your Talcum Powder Case
According to U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) information, talcum powder that contains asbestos can be a dangerous carcinogen. When used in cosmetic products, it puts the consumer at risk of diseases like ovarian cancer. So, if you or someone you love was harmed by talcum powder, we will establish the necessary link between use and diagnosis and build a strong evidence file on your behalf. For plaintiffs in South Carolina, our talcum powder lawyer will:
- Handle communication for you
- Keep you updated on your case
- Meet the statutory filing deadline
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, our mass tort team will also visit you or your loved one in your home or hospital room, if needed. In addition, you do not pay us anything unless you recover damages for your injuries.
Know How Much Time You Have to Seek Compensation
The amount of time you have to seek compensation in South Carolina can be difficult to calculate when your injury is medical, and the exact date your injury occurred is ambiguous. According to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years from the date you were injured or became aware of your injury
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally three years from the date of a loved one’s demise
Our team will help you determine and comply with the relevant statute of limitations and eliminate the risks of non-compliance, which can put your entire case in jeopardy of dismissal.
Client Reviews and Referrals
Our team works hard to meet the legal and financial needs of every client we represent. When they refer us to friends and family, clients who won compensation in the past say:
- “I absolutely love Anastopoulo Law Firm. The firm helped me out so much. They were on top of everything. They made sure I was ok and that’s a big deal that they go above and beyond to help their clients…I will let them help me again before anybody else.” – Nikki B
- “I chose this firm, and it was the [best] decision I could’ve made…Friendly and supportive staff who answered all my questions. Got me what I deserved in a timely manner. Would recommend to everyone.” – Anonymous
- “They know what to do for you and what needs to be done. Always willing to help.” – Anne H.
We are on your side from the beginning of your case until its conclusion. We make sure you build an effective case that leads to the best possible outcome for you.
South Carolina Talcum Powder Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Call for a Free Consultation Today
If you or someone you love in South Carolina was injured by asbestos-containing talcum powder, our mass tort lawyer can help you seek compensation. Contact our team at Anastopoulo Law Firm by calling (800) 777-7777 to start building your case today.