South Carolina Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one was in an accident with a distracted driver, our firm wants to discuss your case. At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we represent victims of all types of car accidents across the state, helping them seek compensation for their injuries. Furthermore, we can assign a South Carolina distracted driving Lawyer to your case to identify the liable party and hold them accountable through a claim or lawsuit.
Also, your initial consultation is free, and we never ask for payment up front.
What Our Car Accident Lawyers Can Offer You
In South Carolina, distracted drivers cause countless accidents each year. According to data on the South Carolina Department of Insurance (SCDOI) website, two distracted driving crashes occur in this state every hour. So, if a distracted driver harmed you or your loved one, our team would be honored to represent you. Also, we handle all aspects of the claims and legal processes for our clients, including:
- Investigating the case and compiling evidence
- Building your claim to identify the liable party and prove their role in the collision
- Listing and estimating the value of each of your recoverable damages
- Filing an insurance claim and negotiating with the adjuster
- Determining if and when a lawsuit may be necessary and filing it on time
- Serving as legal advisors and advocates throughout the case
Our legal team is familiar with all aspects of personal injury law in South Carolina and here to offer guidance and support every step of the way. Therefore, we can help you clearly understand all your legal options and fight for the best possible outcome for your case. We can come to you if your injuries prevent you from visiting one of our conveniently located offices.
For a free legal consultation with a distracted driving accidents lawyer serving South Carolina, call 803-222-2222
Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we offer client-focused, results-driven representation. This approach has helped us recover numerous million- and multimillion-dollar results for our clients. You can hear from some of the many people we’ve helped below:
- “I was very happy with the service. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend Akim any day! – Nikeyetta Nettles
- “The experience was wonderful. They communicated very well & got the job done. I would recommend them to anyone.” – Teresa Graham
- “The Anastopoulo Law Firm was excellent from the beginning to the end. They kept me up to date and informed with everything going on about my case. I would highly recommend!” – Michael Smith
Types of Damages We Seek for Distracted Driving Victims
Accidents involving distracted drivers can occur anywhere and at any speed. As such, the injuries and damages victims suffer differ on a case-by-case basis. Thus, part of our legal services involves going through the case to note the ways the collision affected your life.
Then, we use our familiarity with South Carolina personal injury law to estimate their value so that we know how much compensation to seek for you. For example, you could recover compensation for:
- Medical treatment you received and other care you will need in the future
- Income you couldn’t collect while you were away from work to heal
- Pain and suffering your injuries cause you
- Damaged property, such as a totaled vehicle
This list does not represent all the possible recoverable compensation in South Carolina. For instance, you could collect wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one in a distracted driving collision. Our team will work with you to arrive at an accurate case value before seeking a settlement or court award.
The Cost of Hiring a Distracted Driving Accident Attorney
There is no need to worry about affording a car accident lawyer when you hire our firm. Our fee structure allows you to gain representation without paying anything up front or out of pocket. Instead, our fee is a percentage of the compensation we secure for you. This puts the incentive on us to fight hard for you and protects you from additional financial harm.
South Carolina Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Does South Carolina Have Distracted Driving Laws?
Texting while driving is illegal in South Carolina under S.C. Ann. § 56-5-3890, but there are currently no other active laws regarding cellphone use while driving in the state. Still, this represents just one form of distracted driving; many other things can take a driver’s attention off the road in front of them.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the three main categories of distracted driving are:
- Visual distraction: As the name implies, visual distraction occurs when a driver removes their eyes from the road.
- Manual distraction: This form of distraction occurs when a driver takes one or both hands off the steering wheel.
- Cognitive distraction: Arguably the most difficult to prove (but no less dangerous than any other form), cognitive distraction takes place when a driver’s mind focuses on something other than driving.
Anastopoulo Law Firm represents car accident victims throughout the state. Our legal team is here to answer your questions and address any concerns you may have during the legal process. You can reach out to our distracted driving car accident attorneys in South Carolina for a free case review today if you were injured by a careless driver.
Examples of Distracted Driving That Cause Accidents in South Carolina
Some common examples of distracted driving include:
- Reading or sending a text message
- Talking on or using a cellphone
- Recording or watching a video
- Using a GPS or other navigation device
- Reaching for something on the floor of the car
- Turning around to help a child in the back seat
- Looking down to change the radio station
- “Rubbernecking,” or looking at a roadside incident/accident
- Talking to a passenger
- Applying makeup
- Eating or drinking
Any time an individual drives while distracted, they are acting negligently. At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we believe that negligent drivers should be held accountable when their carelessness results in severe bodily harm or another person’s death. Thus, we are ready to review your case today.
Click to contact our South Carolina Car Accident Lawyers today
Contact Our Legal Team Today for a Free Consultation
There is no time to waste if you want to seek compensation for a distracted driving accident in South Carolina. The state enforces specific time limits for filing personal injury and wrongful death cases, so the earlier you reach out, the more time our lawyers will have to prepare your case.
Our team at Anastopoulo Law Firm is ready to discuss your case for free today. Call (800) 313-2546.
Call or text 803-222-2222 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form