South Carolina Aggressive Driving Accident Attorney
If an aggressive driver injured you, you have the right to take legal action against them. At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we represent victims of aggressive and unsafe driving throughout South Carolina. Moreover, we will protect your rights and help you seek damages from the liable driver who caused your accident. Thus, our South Carolina aggressive driving accident attorney can help you prove your case for compensation through a lawsuit or insurance claim.
Aggressive drivers should be accountable for the pain they cause. We have recovered millions for our clients, even in tough cases. Additionally, we want to put our 25-plus years of experience to work for you. Our firm can review your legal options with you during a free consultation today.
What Is Aggressive Driving?
In general, aggressive driving is any behavior or series of actions on the road that endanger other people and/or threaten to damage their property. Aggressive driving is a common problem throughout the United States, including South Carolina. Therefore, the State Department of Public Safety (DPS) and law enforcement recently announced that they would be cracking down on aggressive drivers. However, many drivers still act recklessly despite this, putting others’ lives at risk.
Common examples of aggressive or reckless driving include:
- Excessive speeding (10+ miles per hour (mph) over the posted speed limit)
- Cutting in and out of traffic
- Following too closely, or “tailgating”
- Running red lights or stop signs
- “Blocking” or cutting in front of a car and then slowing down
- Changing lanes without using a turn signal
- Flashing headlights or braking suddenly to “punish” another driver
- Making harassing gestures to another driver
- Street racing
This list is not exhaustive, as there are many other forms of aggressive driving. So, if a motorist engages in reckless driving behaviors, often referred to as “road rage,” do everything you can to remain calm and avoid escalating the situation.
Why Aggressive Driving Is Not the Same as Careless Driving
It is important to note that while aggressive driving is a form of negligence, it is different from careless driving behaviors, such as distracted driving. When someone acts carelessly, they generally are not trying to harm another person, whether that is the outcome or not. Aggressive drivers, on the other hand, engage in actions that intend to threaten or harm others.
For a free legal consultation with a aggressive driving accidents lawyer serving South Carolina, call 803-222-2222
Recoverable Damages in an Aggressive Driving Accident
Unfortunately, aggressive drivers’ erratic behavior can – and often does – lead to collisions. If you are recovering from an accident involving a reckless driver, you may be able to recover compensation for economic (financial) and non-economic (non-financial) damages, such as:
- Medical bills (for costs for emergency care, surgery, hospital stays, rehabilitation, medications)
- Lost income (including future income)
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Physical and emotional distress
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Loss of life enjoyment
You could have these or other damages in your case. We will review all your losses—even the ones you may not know you have—and determine how much compensation you could seek. The severity of your injuries and recovery time could play a significant role in how much you can request from the liable party.
Wrongful Death Damages in a South Carolina Aggressive Driving Accident
If an aggressive driving accident in South Carolina resulted in you losing a loved one, we are truly sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. We realize that taking legal action against the party that fatally injured your loved one is a big step. If you and your family decide to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit, we can guide you through this process.
South Carolina law outlines specific criteria for which family members can file this action and what benefits they would receive. If you collect compensation through this action, it can help you cover your late loved one’s medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, and financial contribution to your household. We can explain how the legal process works during your free consultation.
South Carolina Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
How Our South Carolina Aggressive Driving Attorney Can Help You
We know it is hard to file an insurance claim or lawsuit when focusing on your injuries. Our attorney will seek legal action against the liable party in your aggressive driving case on your behalf so that you can take care of yourself and focus on your recovery.
If you hire us to manage your aggressive driving case, we will:
- Thoroughly review your accident to determine what happened and who is responsible for it
- Gather evidence that supports your account of events (e.g., medical records, witness testimony, police reports, photos, and video footage)
- Establish the parties responsible for your accident, proving their negligence and liability
- Consult with independent specialists whose professional opinion can support your case
- Negotiate with the liable party’s insurer for your compensation
- File your case within South Carolina’s statute of limitations
- Represent you in all case-related meetings and hearings
- Go to trial for your recovery if we can’t reach a fair settlement that meets your needs
You Have Three Years to Pursue Damages in a South Carolina Injury Case
Under S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you generally have three years to sue the liable party for any injuries you suffered in an aggressive driving accident. If you are filing a wrongful death action, you also have three years to do so.
We urge you to contact us as soon as you are confident in your decision to take legal action. Our legal team will need time to investigate the collision and talk with witnesses and others as we build your case for damages.
If you miss the filing deadline, you will miss your opportunity to hold the liable party accountable. This means you must cover all your accident-related damages yourself. We are ready to speak to you about your case. You can reach out to us at any time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hear What Others Have to Say About Working with Our Injury Team
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we focus on our clients and personalize their experiences with us. We pursue results on their behalf while offering compassionate legal care. Here’s what a few clients say about working with us:
- “They know what to do for you and what needs to be done. Always willing to help.” – Anne H.
- “I absolutely love Anastopoulo Law Firm. They helped me out so much. They were on top of everything. The firm made sure I was ok and that’s a big deal that they go above and beyond to help their clients. I hope I never get hurt again, but if I do, I will let them help me again before anybody else.” – Nikki B.
- “I absolutely love Anastopoulo Law Firm. The firm helped me out so much. They were on top of everything. They made sure I was ok and that’s a big deal that they go above and beyond to help their clients. I hope I never get hurt again, but if I do, I will let them help me again before anybody else.” – Anonymous Client
We Will Review Your S.C. Aggressive Driving Accident Today
Our attorney at Anastopoulo Law Firm is ready to get to work on recovering your damages after an aggressive driving accident in South Carolina. We will protect your rights, listen to your story, and fight for your recovery. We take each client’s recovery seriously, no matter how complex their car accident claims are. Call us at (800) 313-2546 to get started.