South Carolina Paraquat Lawyer
Paraquat is a widely used herbicide that can be dangerous if swallowed or inhaled. If you or someone you love was exposed to Paraquat and suffered substantial health risks as a result, we can help you prove the herbicide led to your resulting medical condition. We also prove the maker of the highly toxic weed killer is financially responsible for the costs of your medical care, income loss, pain and suffering, and more.
If you or someone you love was exposed to Paraquat, you could be eligible to join the mass torts lawsuit being prepared by our South Carolina Paraquat lawyer at Anastopoulo Law Firm. Our legal team is helping you and other injured plaintiffs prove your exposure to the herbicide, prove the manufacturer is liable for your injuries, assign a financial value to your case, and negotiate a favorable financial settlement for all involved plaintiffs.
The Danger of Exposure to Paraquat
Our team will document your exposure to Paraquat to help establish liability. You or your loved one could suffer from Paraquat poisoning or exposure as an agricultural worker who used or handled weed killer or by ingesting while consuming food and beverages. According to Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) research, exposure to Paraquat can also lead to the following serious health hazards:
- Electrolyte abnormalities
- Low blood pressure
- Heart failure
- Kidney failure
- Liver failure
- Lung scarring
If your exposure occurred as the result of breathing it in, you might also experience serious lung damage. The risks to your health are proportionate and can vary greatly according to how much and how frequently you were exposed to Paraquat. Ingesting large quantities of the herbicide can be fatal.
Mass Torts Participants Can Recover Financial Damages
Understanding the extent of your financial damages is critical to assessing your potential recoverable damages. When our team helps you and other injured parties seek compensation, assigning a value to your specific injuries is one of the first things we do. Compensation each plaintiff can request includes:
- Medical care including hospital admissions, rehabilitation, and physical therapy
- Injury-related income loss, including lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Compensation for physical and emotional anxiety, pain, and suffering
- Certain losses, including loss of consortium, support, and companionship
- In-home medical and domestic assistance throughout your recovery
- Funeral, burial, cremation, and other expenses related to the loss of a loved one
Part of our representation means our team will help carefully assess the value of your lawsuit. We obtain and organize the documents that prove the value of each of your economic and non-economic damages. We also present your evidence and that of the other plaintiffs in our mass torts group to the at-fault party as part of the negotiations process.
Do not Wait to Join Our Mass Torts Case
The timing of mass torts and other personal injury cases in South Carolina is governed largely by the state’s personal injury statute of limitations. Accordingly, S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 generally entitles you to three years from the date you were injured or were made aware of your injury to file a lawsuit against the manufacturer of Paraquat.
It can be hard to pinpoint the exact date your Paraquat exposure or injury occurred on your own. Our team can help you understand and document the appropriate date and ensure compliance with the statute of limitations. This is one of many important benefits of joining our team since an expired statute of limitations could mean you cannot legally compel compensation from the negligent party in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a paraquat lawyer serving South Carolina, call (800) 777-7777
Benefits of Hiring Our Paraquat Lawyer
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, our mass torts team is helping South Carolinians injured by exposure to Paraquat seek compensation from its maker. While you recuperate from your injuries, help an injured family member with their recovery, or cope with the loss of a loved one, our team works on building an effective case for you. We will:
- Explain the role of each plaintiff
- Assign a value to each plaintiff’s case
- Compile supportive medical and scientific data
- Consult medical and financial experts
- Handle legal and insurance documents and filings
Our team also negotiates on your behalf and presents each settlement offer to you for approval or rejection. We also prepare your case and present your evidence in court if we cannot reach a fair and appropriate financial settlement.
Accolades from Previous Clients
When our team represents injured clients, we fight hard to ensure the negligent product manufacturer is held accountable for their negligence and your resulting damages. When they tell others about our supportive, responsive team, previous clients say:
- “They were absolutely amazing. They listen to me, they helped me, and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience than what I had with them I would definitely recommend them to anybody and everybody looking for a personal injury lawyer.” – Angie Gibson
- “I have been dealing with this firm for over 4 years. I have gotten nothing less than great customer service. Dasiree is the best. If all their employees are like her, their company is #1.” – Anna Cunningham
- “I have used them twice now…They are amazing. Very friendly, always answered my questions. They really helped every step of the way and kept me informed about what was going on in my case. Would definitely recommend them 100%.” – Shana Wilferd
Our team works hard to provide responsive legal service and support to every plaintiff in our mass torts group. Our team members also make sure you are regularly updated and informed on the details and negotiation process of your case so that you are never left wondering about the progress of your case.
South Carolina Paraquat Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
Learn More About Joining Our Mass Torts Case
If you or someone you love was diagnosed with Paraquat poisoning or otherwise injured by exposure to the herbicide in South Carolina, our team can help you pursue financial compensation. Contact one of our Anastopoulo Law Firm team members by calling (800) 777-7777 to learn more about seeking compensation with guidance from our Paraquat lawyer today.